Vehicle-Based Mobile X-ray Security Inspection Point
CONPASS MIP (Mobile Inspection Point) was designed as portable and flexible X-ray inspection system for outdoor events and sites. This mobile full body scanner unit is supplied from autonomous generator, that makes it possible to deploy very quickly (within 10-15 minutes) the unit and arrange mass or selective personal inspection at any mass event.
CONPASS MIP mobile whole body imaging system helps to facilitate X-ray personnel screening aimed at mass events protection, special inspections, customs search for hidden or ingested drugs, bombs, explosives, fire guns, knives, blades and other concealed and prohibited items. The CONPASS MIP full body scanning machine operates practically in any weather conditions, under a wide range of ambient temperatures and humidity, under rain and snow.
Due to its splendid mobility and high throughput the CONPASS MIP transmission x-ray human screening system can safeguard homeland security at any place, at any time and without the necessity for additional infrastructure.
In a matter of seconds the CONPASS full body scanner makes it possible to detect and identify hidden metal and non-metal objects such as:
- Explosive gelatin;
- Liquid explosive;
- Inflammable materials;
- Paralyzing liquids and gases;
- Cold arms and firearms, including those made of ceramics;
- Bladed articles;
- Any other objects that can be considered dangerous.
DIGITAL X-RAY IMAGING TECHNOLOGY:Digital full-length X-ray projection imaging of a person is performed using the CONPASS full body scanner slot-scan technology and comprises the following stages:
- The person being inspected stands in a fixed position on the movable platform (on the drawn footprints);
- When the scanning begins, the X-ray generator turns on and the platform starts to smoothly move perpendicular to the flat fan-shaped beam;
- In the process of the scanning the X-rays that passed through the human body are projected on the vertical multielement X-ray transducer which generates electric signals proportional to the degree of the X-rays attenuation by various body tissues and any objects on or inside the body;
- The registered electric signals are transferred, via the interface unit, to the computer for further processing;
- Upon the finishing of the scanning an X-ray image of the person under inspection is displayed on the PC monitor.
- Full-length X-ray imaging of people;
- Low radiation dose making it possible to repeatedly (up to 2,500 times) inspect the same person within a year;
- High detectability;
- Detection of any kinds of foreign objects (including explosive gelatin) hidden both on the body or in the clothes as well as inside the body (ingested or hidden in natural body cavities) in the process of one scanning;
- High through-flow rate (body search is not necessary);
- Image quality unaffected by the influence of non-informative scattered radiation.
CONPASS MIP WHOLE BODY IMAGER RADIATION SAFETY:
The system operation modes are preset by the manufacturer during the installation and are not to be changed by the operator. The following design features of the system make it possible to minimize the personnel and the inspected people radiation doses:
- X-ray generator enclosed with the X-ray protection housing;
- Slit diaphragms system making it possible to obtain a narrow fan-shaped beam;
- X-ray protection shutter cutting off the X-ray radiation from the generator;
- Inbuilt X-ray radiation filter;
- Highly sensitive digital X-ray radiation converter;
- Inbuilt dosimeter purposed to monitor the dose rates people are exposed to under any mode of the X-ray generator operation;
- Emergency stop switch on the portal with the fixed position of the red mushroom shaped button cuts off the X-ray radiation from the generator with the X-ray protection shutter and stops the platform;
- Red signal lights (on the portal) indicate X-rays generation and platform movement.
The X-ray protection shutter cuts off the X-ray radiation from the generator in case of deviations from the system mechanisms and electronic devices operation parameters and conditions set by the manufacturer as well as in case of malfunctions. In case of a failure of the X-ray protection shutter the high voltage is not supplied to the X-ray tube. The software tests the system upon its switching on and in the process of scanning. Detected faults messages are displayed on the operator monitor. The driver’s compartment is protected with the X-ray shield installed between the driver’s compartment and the screening area. Combined shields made of transparent X-ray protective plastic and lead-plated panels are installed near the portal of the whole-body security screening system to protect the operator compartment. The transparent plastic panels can be covered with special film making it impossible to see the operator compartment from the screening area.
SANITARY PROTECTION ZONE:
Personnel and population radiation protection near the opened door of the screening area is ensured by means of establishing a sanitary protection zone using road cones and barrier tape. According to the requirements of the national law on radiation protection the user independently determines the dimensions of the restricted (controlled) sanitary protection zone.
INSPECTED PEOPLE DOSE RATE:
Inspected person dose rate per one inspection does not exceed the manufacturer preset value of 0.1 μSv. The annual quota established for this system in respect of dose rate per person in case of repeated inspections is equal to 25% of the limit techno genic radiation dose for population, i.e. 0.25 mSv per year.
Taking into account the above characteristics of the system, it makes it possible to perform up to 2,500 inspections per year or 6-7 inspections a day (the dose rate per one scanning makes 0.1 μSv) of one and the same person. When using the increased penetration mode with the aim to detect the ingested drugs the inspected person dose rate per one inspection does not exceed the manufacturer preset value of 0.3 μSv. The dose rate of 0.2 μSv received by the inspected person per one inspection is comparable with the external radiation dose due to the average Earth natural radiation background received within 48 minutes or within 1.5-2.5 minutes of a flight in a plane at the altitude of 8-10 km.
WHERE CAN IT BE USED?
|Law enforcement authorities|
||Venues for mass events|
A modification of CONPASS MIP (Mobile Inspection Point) was used to good advantage at China Police station and Danish Customs.
LINEV Group CONPASS MIP van-based portable X-ray security inspection system
Speak to our sales team or submit your question and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.get a proposal